Vinh Dang, MPAS, PA-C was recently accepted as a Distinguished Fellow of American Academy of Physician Assistants (DFAAPA).
To be considered for application and interview, the PA must have been practicing for at least 12 years and demonstrate:
- Distinction in medical practice, education, research or healthcare management
- Leadership in medicine and healthcare
- Professional involvement
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Community service
Vinh has provided numerous local, regional and national lecture presentations, published peer review articles in national journals, preceptor to many students, and adjunct clinical instructor at four different PA programs.
As of October 2016, there are only 886 active DFAAPA out of approximately 108,000 certified PAs nationwide.
To our knowledge with a review of the current data, Vinh is only the:
- 12th DFAAPA from Minnesota
- 2nd DFAAPA working in the Orthopedics receive this honor in Minnesota
- 1st DFAAPA within Allina Health
Congratulations to Vinh on this honor!